Better@Home Healthcare Professionals, Inc.
Locally Owned & Operated
Professional Homecare That Makes The Difference!
- NEXTEL Connected
- Patients & Physicians Will Always Reach an RN…No Answering Service
To Assure the Best Homecare Services for your Patients: Call Better@Home
Phone (352) 694-8100 Fax (352) 694-8118
Seven million Americans currently receive homecare services? This figure increases daily as greater numbers of people are leaving institutions earlier and as advanced technology becomes available for use in the home.
A Medicare Certified home health agency is one that has been through rigorous credentialing surveys and has been deemed certified to provide Medicare patients with skilled care in the comfort of their homes, under the orders of their personal physician. Home health provides skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy home health aides and social work (LCSW), to assist patients with debilitating illness, recovery from injury, post-op recovery, instruction on disease management, wound care, IV therapy and many other health issues. Better@Home is among the top agencies in Ocala and the surrounding communities as we deliver the best one-on-one service, with a hand-picked staff that treats each patent as if they were family. Continuity is our policy and we keep our ratios very low. These basic principles assure that each patient receives the time and attention required to make a full recovery with minimal complications. This is a Medicare covered service, and there is no added cost to the patient.
If the patient has a need for skilled services such as RN, Physical, Occupational, or Speech therapies, and they are deemed homebound due to their physical condition, they are eligible to receive home health care under the Medicare benefit. Many patients would benefit from assistance of a home heath nurse for poly-pharmacy, chronic conditions that are worsening due to poor disease management, IDDM, CHF, COPD, LUMBAGO, PAIN MANAGEMENT and UTI just to name a few.
The homecare nurse will serve as a case manager for the physician by coordinating ALL of the patients’ homecare services. This “one-stop-shop” service frees your office staff from unnecessary phone calls and helps with time management in your busy practice. With Better@Home, our staff sees only 4 to 6 patients daily, all disciplines. This gives your patients the adequate time and attention toward their recovery. Our phones are answered 24/7 by an RN, this gives the patient a true level security. Our feedback from these patient centered philosophies has been extremely satisfactory. All referrals to our care are evaluated within 24 hours of their release from the hospital or your visit. If the patient requires an IV, BID visits, or has out-patient surgery we will see same day. We make sure all of our staff is aware of your orders and wishes for patient care and they are followed to the letter. We have bedside PT/INR systems, pulse ox (in all staff bags), along with the latest wound care supplies and Telemed systems for the CHF and cardiac patients.
Physicians receive reimbursement for care plan oversight of homecare patients. The HCFA now recognizes the activities involved in managing, evaluating, and supervising the treatment of homecare patients. We make this process easy for you by promptly transferring all appropriate paperwork to your office as soon as possible. Good outcomes make for content patients. This is good for all concerned.
Better@Home has the outcome data to show that we are indeed an excellent agency, we are appreciated, well respected, and continue to uphold our reputation in the medical community as a top-notch agency, with highly qualified professionals. Our patient surveys express nothing but satisfaction with our care. We are locally owned and operated group without the high overhead of large corporate agencies therefore, the patients get much more care for their 60 day episode with Better@Home, than with larger groups. The website for home healthcare compare is www.medicare.gov/HHcompare/Home.asp. This website allows you to compare our outcomes with those of our competitors and we are all benchmarked with state and national statistics. Better@Home has consistently been at the top of the scale when benchmarked against our local competitors and the state and national agencies. A representative from the Florida Medical Quality Assurance Group recently visited our office and stated that she has rarely seen an agency with such consistent outcomes, and she does this everyday! We took that as a huge compliment.
WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU, YOUR OFFICE, AND YOUR PATIENTS!!!
How Better @ Home can help your Orthopaedic patient…
- Will be visited by our therapist for education and safety evaluation prior to scheduled surgery.
- Timely lab work (bedside PT/INR)
- Skilled management of any wounds (KCI wound-vac certified RN's)
- Seasoned hands-on Physical Therapists
- Pain Control
- Med teaching and monitoring
- CPM/DME set up per MD order
- Effective HEP
- Skilled plan of care
- Safety issues and home adaptations
- Pre-op program available at no cost to anyone for scheduled surguries brings extra peace of mind to your patients.
SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS SET BY PHYSICIAN WILL ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED.
OUR GOAL IS TO ASSIST YOUR PATIENT IN RETURNING TO NORMAL INDEPENDENT LIFESTYLE. WE BELIEVE THEY WILL DO BETTER @ HOME!!!
How Better @ Home can help your Wound Care Patients...
Our wound care education and oversight include the following for your patients:
- Digital photography to monitor progress
- E-mail reports, photos, PRN
- Provide daily care until patient or caregiver is comfortable with procedure
- Provide all necessary wound care supplies – will order to special specific supplies PRN.
- KCI woundvac certified RN's
- PT & OT to facilitate pre-episodic function
- Medication teaching and compliance-medication box provided by Better@Home to facilitate proper medication use.
- Diet and nutrition education related to healing
OUR STAFFING, EDUCATION, AND CONTINUITY ARE SECOND TO NONE!!!
Better@Home can help your cardiac care patients…
Our services in the field of cardiac care include but are not limited to:
- ICU/ER experienced RN’s managing your patients.
- Telemedicine Care Companion Patient Station provided @ no cost to patient or to Medicare as an adjunct to skilled nurses visits
- Daily monitoring of vital, BP, weight, pulse, pulse ox
- Bedside PT/INR - EKG Stat (coming 01/01/2006)
- Timely intervention per MD order
- Medication education and compliance
- Medication boxes provided by Better @ Home
- Timely labwork
- Nutrition and hydration teaching
- Lab-work on time
- Bedside HBG and all staff have pulse oximetry in their treatment bags.
- Diabetic education and disease management education/oversight of all types
- ADL assistance and instruction
- PT/OT/ST PRN for rehab
PATIENTS AND PHYSICIANS WILL ALWAYS REACH AN RN…NO ANSWERING SERVICE
WATCH YOUR PATIENTS GET Better @ Home!!!